The FY19 Defense Appropriation provides $3 million (M) to the Department of Defense Bone Marrow Failure Research Program (BMFRP)to support scientifically meritorious research focused on BMF diseases. As directed by the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, the Defense Health Agency J9, Research and Development Directorate manages the Defense Health Program (DHP) Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) appropriation. The managing agent for the anticipated Program Announcements/Funding Opportunities is the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) at the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC).
The BMFRP is providing the information in this pre-announcement to allow investigators time to plan and develop applications. FY19 BMFRP Program Announcements and General Application Instructions for the following award mechanism are anticipated to be posted on the Grants.gov website in March 2019. Pre-application and application deadlines will be available when the Program Announcement is released. This pre-announcement should not be construed as an obligation by the government.
Idea Development Award
- Independent investigators at or above the level of Assistant Professor (or equivalent) and 10 years or more from first faculty appointment or
Early Career Investigators:
- Investigators at the level of Assistant Professor (or equivalent) and less than 10 years from first faculty appointment.
- Preproposal is required; full application submission is by invitation only.
- Supports innovative ideas and high-impact approaches based on scientifically sound evidence to move toward the vision to understand and cure BMF.
- Strong BMF research team.
- May include relevant preliminary data.
- Clinical trials will not be supported.
- Maximum funding of $325,000 in direct costs (plus indirect costs)
- Period of performance not to exceed 2 years
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) at https://eBRAP.org prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final Program Announcements and General Application Instructions that will be available for electronic downloading from the Grants.gov website. The application package containing the required forms for each award mechanism will also be found on Grants.gov. A listing of all CDMRP and other USAMRMC extramural funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using CFDA Number 12.420.
Submission deadlines are not available until the Program Announcements are released. For email notification when Program Announcements are released, subscribe to program-specific news and updates under “Email Subscriptions” on the eBRAP homepage at https://eBRAP.org. For more information about the BMFRP or other CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (https://cdmrp.army.mil).
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Public Affairs