The FY18 AIMM Program Announcement and General Application Instructions are posted on Grants.gov.
As directed by the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Research and Development Directorate (J9) manages the Defense Health Program (DHP) Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) appropriation. The managing agent for the anticipated Program Announcements/Funding Opportunities is the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
AIMM Research Award – is due September 19, 2018
Independent investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent)
- Supports highly creative and conceptually innovative high-risk research with the potential to accelerate critical discoveries or major advancements that will significantly impact military health and medicine
- Supports novel research concepts and development of enabling technologies; not intended to support incremental advances on previous or ongoing work
- Supports applied research efforts that initiate or enhance potential game-changers; clinical trials are not allowed.
- Projects proposed should be relevant to at least one DoD medical research program area. Cross-cutting research projects with the potential to benefit multiple DoD medical research program areas are highly encouraged.
- Applications using synthetic or systems biology-based approaches are highly encouraged
- · Preliminary data that are relevant to the proposed research are encouraged, but not required.
- Preproposal is required; application submission is by invitation only
- Maximum funding of $350,000 for direct costs (plus indirect costs)
- Maximum period of performance is 18 months
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) at https://eBRAP.org prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final Program Announcement and General Application Instructions available for electronic downloading from the Grants.gov website. The application package containing the required forms for each award mechanism is also found on Grants.gov. A listing of all USAMRMC funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using CFDA Number 12.420.
Applications must be submitted through the federal government’s single-entry portal, Grants.gov. For email notification when Program Announcements are released, subscribe to program-specific news and updates under “Email Subscriptions” on the eBRAP homepage at https://eBRAP.org. For more information about other CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil).
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Help Desk301-682-5507