The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) & Pfizer, Inc.
PCF-Pfizer Global Challenge Awards
Request for Proposals (RFP)
September 26, 2019
The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) and Pfizer, Inc. are proud to announce the PCF-Pfizer Global Challenge Awards, a competitive, peer-reviewed Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) grants program.
Approximately $2 million USD is allocated to this research grants program focused on investigating talazoparib, a poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor, in prostate cancer.
Through this funding mechanism, PCF and Pfizer will support approximately three (3) innovative clinical investigations or clinical trial correlative research studies surrounding the use of talazoparib in prostate cancer.
Applications will be peer-reviewed by an independent review panel led by PCF, composed of expert academic researchers in order to select the most impactful studies for funding. The amount of each award will be determined based on the external review panel’s evaluation of each project.
View and Download RFP
Investigators from institutions in all countries and geographic regions are eligible to apply.
Team Eligibility Criteria:
Teams must be composed of at least three (3) investigators from non-profit academic research centers, including one young investigator. Applicants (PI) must have a medical or postdoctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent).
The young investigator may hold the title of Postdoctoral Fellow, Instructor, Research Associate, Assistant Professor, or equivalent and should be within six-years following completion of a professional degree (MD, DO, PhD, MD-PhD, DSc, ScD, DDM, DDS, DMD, MBBS, or equivalent) or subsequent mentored academic or clinical training program.
Both early career and experienced investigators are encouraged to apply, and consideration will be given to all proposals meeting the selection criteria.
Area of Research Focus:
The intent of this RFP is to invite investigators from around the world to submit innovative proposals for clinical investigations with correlative research for talazoparib in prostate cancer. Research proposals in the following topic areas are preferred:
- Talazoparib in early and advanced stages of prostate cancer
- Talazoparib in molecularly-unselected patient populations, as appropriate
- Combination of talazoparib with novel agents
- Talazoparib in combination with next-generation androgen axis-targeted therapies (other than enzalutamide)
- Talazoparib in combination with PSMA radiotherapeutics
- Identifying resistance mechanisms to talazoparib with treatment strategies to avoid or overcome resistance
General Guidance to All Proposals:
Please include a plan for increasing diversity in clinical study enrollment. All studies should include comprehensive translational oncology analyses, including correlation of outcomes with DNA Damage Repair (DDR) gene mutation status. For combination with non-Pfizer assets, applicants may simultaneously apply for drug-only from other companies.
Monetary Range of Grant Awards:
- Approximately $2 million USD is allocated to this research grants program.
- An expected 2-3 clinical studies will be selected for funding following peer review by an independent review panel led by PCF.
- The amount of the grant for any project will depend upon the external review panel’s evaluation of the proposal’s budget and costs involved, and will be stated clearly in the approval notification.
- RFP release date: September 26, 2019
- Letter of Intent (LOI) due date: December 3, 2019, midnight Eastern Time (New York, GMT -5).
- Anticipated LOI Notification Date: January 21, 2020
- Only accepted LOIs will be invited to submit full proposals.
- Full Proposal Deadline: March 23, 2020, midnight Eastern Time (New York, GMT -5).
- Anticipated Full Proposal Notification Date: May 28, 2020
How to Apply:
Please go to www.cybergrants.com/pfizer/loi and sign in. The Letter of Intent (LOI) will be accepted via the online application.
First-time users should click “REGISTER NOW.” Select the following Competitive Grant Program Name: 2019 Oncology G - PCF-Pfizer Global Challenge Awards. Complete all required sections of the online application. See Appendix A in the RFP for additional details.
If you encounter any technical difficulties with the website, please click the ‘Technical Questions’ link at the bottom of the page.
All applicants will be notified via email by the dates noted above. Applicants may be asked for additional clarification during the review period.
For ‘Letter of Intent’ requirements, please refer to the RFP.
If you have questions regarding this RFP, please direct them in writing to the Grant Officer, Jacqueline Waldrop (Jacqueline.Waldrop@pfizer.com), with the subject line “PCF-Pfizer Global Challenge Awards”
To view ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ regarding the Competitive Grant Program, please click here.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Howard R. Soule, PhD
Executive Vice President
Chief Science Officer
Prostate Cancer Foundation
1250 Fourth Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
email@example.com | www.pcf.org