Hosted by: The National Association of Veterans' Research and Education Foundations (NAVREF)
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Rachel Ramoni, VA Chief Research and Development Officer
About the Event
In support of the VHA Office of Research & Development, NAVREF is hosting a full-day Clinical Trial Summit in Washington, DC on April 12th to kick-off Dr. Ramoni’s strategic priority to improve veteran access to high-quality clinical trials. The kick-off event is designed to bring together a diverse set of stakeholders, including VA researchers and administrators, life science industry decision makers, and patient advocates, as active partners to help drive this initiative. The long term objective is to create a forward-looking system for efficiently initiating industry-sponsored multi-site clinical trials within VA that will be of high value and quality for providing treatment options to Veterans. This event is expected to draw between 50-70 attendees.
Kick- Off Meeting Objectives include:
- Initiating a working dialog between VA, industry, and patient advocacy groups for conducting public-private partnerships in clinical trials within VA which will allow for.
- Mutual understanding of the respective goals and processes of partners/stakeholders involved in clinical trials.
- Identifying and organizing potential partners and resources involved with and committed to initiating industry-sponsored clinical trials.
- Identifying key targets and factors in the process for starting up an industry-sponsored clinical trial at site, agency and sponsor levels.
- Highlighting best practices at the clinical trial start-up phase.
- Laying out the steps and partners for creating processes for efficiently starting up high impact clinical trials sponsored by industry within VA that will offer Veterans access to new treatment options.
The event will be held at the corporate conference facilities of Deloitte at:
1919 N. Lynn Street, Arlington, VA 22209.
We want to thank Cohen Veterans Bioscience, the LUNGevity Foundation, and VeteransAgainstAlzheimer’s for their generous sponsorship of this important event, and give Deloitte special recognition for the donation of their facilities.
The Hyatt Centric Arlington is the official hotel for this summit. Experience an invigorating blend of modern features and familiar comforts at this hotel with its sleek interiors merging with cosmopolitan design and classic features. The hotel features a 24-hour fitness center, multiple restaurants, and business center. Reservations must be made by March 19 in order to get this rate.
The group rate for this hotel is $239 per night plus tax (13.25% ).
Click here to make your reservations
How to get to the hotel
How to get to the Summit from the hotel